söndag 27 juli 2008

Let's Put A Smile On That Face!

I have decided that I don't like going to the theatre anymore. It always sucks! People are annoying and loud, it's either too warm or too cold and there is no room to move. It's also f-ing expensive in Sweden and it just gets more expensive all the time. This rant comes from the fact that I watched the Dark Knight yesterday. It was so hot the last hour that it was hard to concentrate (last time I went to the theatre to see Indy 4 it was freezing cold becuase the air conditioning was cranked up too high). Atleast one cellphone went off in the middle of the movie and the lady next to me kept putting moisterizer on her hands. The "only" good thing was my friends company and the movie. Both of which I would have enjoyed tremendously more if I watched the movie at home. Becuase the movie was good. Maybe a tiny bit too long. The Joker was amazing. I was very happy to see that it wasn't just hype. I actually found myself wanting him back on the screen during the scenes he wasn't in. It's weird how the characters I like the most is usually horrible! I got to say that Batman could hold his own too. There is nothing like a brooding and emotionally scarred hero full of rage. I know that a lot of people hate that voice Christian Bale uses when he's Batman but I love it. It shows you that he becomes something else when he is Batman and it really fits with the whole "channeling my rage to do good deeds" thing he's got going on. Personally, I also find it cool! The only thing I was missing from the movie was more of Bruce Wayne's spoiled millionare brat act. There were a little of it (the one where he "meets" Gordon was awesome!) but I would have liked some more. Much of the story in this second one is based on the fact that Batman may be the cause of the Joker. By using a mask and all the theatrics he is making way for what the Joker calls "a better class of criminal" who's also using these things. I think this is an interesting concept that made the movie feel more grown up then some other movies base on comics! I do think that Batman Begins still is my favorite (I really, really like that movie!) but this is truely a worthy sequel in every way! It takes the story, the characters and the action from the first one and developes them. Together, the two new Batman movies show that Batman is, beyond any doubt, the coolest of all comic book heroes... because he's BATMAN! (wanna see an awesome superman/batman video? Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavK0mnE3wI )


I've also watched Woody Allen's movie "Scoop" with Scarlett Johansen and Hugh Jackman. I've seen it before and it may not be at the level of his best films but it's pretty funny. I thought I should mention this because the title of this blog is actually a line from the the movie and it should be credited to the genius Mr. Allen is. In one line he managed to sum up life AND make me laugh my ass off. That's very impressive.


I finished the book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" a couple of days ago. It was very good, but I still like The Kite Runner" better. Khaled Hosseini is a really good writer and he writes about interesting and important subjects. I'm eagerly awaiting his next book! I've also finished the book "The curious incident with the dog in the night". It was a very original book and it was both funny and sad. It is interesting how the author has been able to get into the mind set of someone with Asperger's.



I don't really have that much to write right now but I will as always end this blog with another comic.

A Dog Life

That's all for this time, folks! And remember:
That some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

i think it's so sad that you don't like the theatre anymore! i love going to the theatre. if i was really rich, i would totally have a small theatre in my home. that would be a dream come true! i'm also glad you liked the dark knight--but i knew that already. I don't really have anything else to say in this comment. nice comic!