torsdag 28 augusti 2008

"...I just gave you claws"

X-men 2 (which happens to be a very awesome movie!) was on tv last night. I watched it on and off becuase I was too restless to do anything else. Anyway, watching the movie got me thinking about the upcoming Wolverine prequel. I love Wolverine. Even though I love the two first films of the series in their own right, I have to admit that Wolverine is the one ingredient that makes them amazing. He is also the one and only thing that makes the third movie of the series watchable despite its 4 million plotlines that aren't resolved, character that just die without reason and super mutants that never really do anything. Wolverine is simply coolness embodied for me. So it's safe to say that I am excited about the new movie. I am also scared shitless that it will suck like the third x-men one did. I really, really hope it doesn't. But seriously, I'm being ridiculous! If the movie has Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine, how could it possibly suck? Just check this out.




I start school again on Monday. Eh... I am not looking forward to getting up at 7 am. I have been trying to re-adjust my rythm but everytime the alarm goes off at 9 or 10 I just turn it off, rearrage my position in bed and sleep until noon. It's very bad. Also, one of the classes I'm taking is sort of an continutation of the chemistry class I took last semester. Maybe not a continuation but the class require that you know the stuff from the first one. Since I only studied 3 days in that class I don't know anything. I'm going to die. I hate chemistry with an unceasing passion and I'm not sure why I'm studying the subject study. haha.. Well, I will just require some extra effort from me... early in the morning... eh... Atleast I will get money again! Yey for that!


I'm in the progress of reading the complete works of Jane Austen. So far I've read "Sense and Sensibility", "Pride and Prejudice", "Manfields Park" and I just started on "Emma". Just to be very unoriginal I have to say that I like "Pride and Prejudice" the best. "Sense and Sensibility" is a solid second and "Manfields Park" is last. I didn't dislike Manfields Park or anything. I just thought too little happened and the ending was annoying. It felt like none of the character changed throughout the book. I'm excited to see if any of the remaining books can compete with P & P for the top position. I doubt it but you never know.

I have also read the second Bridget Jones's Diary book! It was hilarious! Even more hilarious than the first one. I think my favorite part was her christmas cards! They made me laugh so much I started to cry. It is really weird that I like Bridget Jones. I usally hate female characters and especially the Bridget Jones type, but the author, Helen Fielding, has really manage to make Bridget likable. She's just such a loser in some situations but she can still stand up for herself when it really counts. Most of all, she really feels like real person which is a novelty in literature. Well, there are a lot of characters that feel real but Bridget is a normal person that feels real. Anyway, it's a hilarious book!

I don't really have that much else to write. I'm very tired and the movie Benny and Joon is on tv soon so I will end this post now.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

elin! i'm also excited/worried about the new wolverine movie...i hope it's good! x-men three really ruined everything for me...that movie was bad...i hate bret ratner, the director! he sucks! i love bridget jones. i'm not really surprised that you like her...she kind of reminds me of you sometimes. she's so funny!