fredag 13 februari 2009

and 42 years later...

So I haven't written anything in a long time. I just wanna put some of my comic strips out here. Since my computer crashed last year I have been kind of obsessed with backing things up and putting it out here is yet another way to save things. Also if someone can enjoy them too that would just be a bonus.. haha..



This is literally how i survive the fall/first part of the winter every year. The funny thing is that Christmas is never as good as it is in my mind, but i forget this every year. It's probably due to the fact that it's not like it was when I was a kid and couldn't sleep for like a week before christmas eve. Man, i miss my childhood.. I guess that adults' view of their childhood is warped by nostalgia and the concept is very much idealized. There are also those people that have a terrible childhood, but I am definitely not one of them. I had a very good childhood.. I remember my life until the age of 10 as a long row of happy things sometimes interupted by a "terrible" even like "having to go to bed when you didn't want to". Nothing really terrible has happened to me in my life, but when you get older you realize that terrible things can happen to anyone, anytime and I really really miss the lack of this realization. I guess that is growing up for you, you lose the belief that everything's alright and you start to worry. I mean there are lots of good things connected to growing up of course, but at times i wonder if they outweigh the bad ones?! Last semester I heard this poem ( don't know who wrote it.. which bothers me a lot!) about growing up that kind of says what i have been trying to express here. Here it is:


Lamenting the loss of childhood

When I was a child, all my days were filled with endless wonder.
When I was a child, I would lie on the dew covered grass and search the vast evening sky for falling stars.
When I was a child, my friends and I would venture deep into the woods and tell tales of the Grim Reaper,
Who, with sickle in hand, icily searched for his next victim. We weren't afraid; he came only for the old, not us.
When I was a child, I would look to my mother's arms for warmth and my father's eyes for approval.
When I was a child, I wondered when will I be grown?
Now I'm an adult, and I wonder, can I ever be a child again?


So.. I don't know where all that came from.. haha.. but there you have it, folks! - Proof of the randomness of my brain functions.. =)



This comic is a just a reflection of the Facebook culture.. Don't get me wrong, i put pics on facebook all the time, but sometimes it gets ridiculous.. The above situation is a overexaggerated version of a real one.




I made this comic a while ago, but it fits well with the fact that it's Valentine's Day here in 20 minutes.. haha.. stupid Valentine's Day (says the bitter girl sitting alone blogging listening to depressing music)!




Another true story. I hate watching the morning news before i go to school. They are all so happy and awake. I should be illegal for people to smile before 10 am especially when it's raining.


Well what can i say?! I do watch too many movies and tv-shows and they kind of make real people seem bland and dull which is sorta ridiculous cos it's not like I am a bundle of fun most days. hehe.. Atleast I'm aware of my condition.. here is another one about my troublesome addiction:




I hate waits and i hate that the American networks don't release all the episodes of a show in a row.. well Dexter kind of did! hurray for Dexter! I can't believe there won't be any How I Met Your Mother until March. Once again: Stupid! (Stupid is my new favorite word!)

Ok the last one!





I gave a similar one (different layout, in color,in Swedish) to my mom for Christmas. This comic is so true. My mom is an overdoer and she is just so fierce and passionate and ambitious that it scares me sometimes, because I feel like i could never be that way. After I made this comic I realized I should tell my mom how awesome i think she is more often, and i have.



So no more comics for now.. I will now share something funny I read today. I was wikipedia-ing "The Beatles" and i sort of skimmed through their history and somewhere in the article they were writing about that statement John Lennon made in 1966 where he said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus. I have heard about that before and how he finally had to appologize, but the article also said, and this is the funny part, that in Novemeber of 2008(!) the Vatican made an official statement saying they had forgiven John Lennon for his remark because it was just a "boast" from a young man who was confused by his sudden fame. hahahahah... man that was like 42 years later!!! 42 years! and like almost 30 years after the person in question died! I can't beleive that.. Does the Pope call a meeting every week where they discuss whether or not a comment or act that insulted the church should be forgiven? I can just see it in my mind's eye:



"Oh no, we can't forgive what that young man said yet.. it has only been 26 years.. we better wait a little longer...So the world will learn it's lesson... Let us now talk about the case with that actor who farted in church without apologizing 52 years ago..."


Oh! the Vatican.. I may not like your institution but you are indeed funny!


In honor of Valentine's day I will end with a quote about love that I actually like:


"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
~Friedrich Nietzsche


World peace and all that!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

your blog always makes me smile. i love all your comics! i've seen them all before (two of them are on my stalker wall devoted to you! haha) but they never get old. i also really love that you mock the vatican hahaha...it's true. things like that are really stupid. Isn't part of being Catholic the ability to forgive people? Jeez!

Brittany Dalberg sa...

I love your comics. Especially the one with the weather lady. I truly LOL'd.

Brittany Dalberg sa...

and yes, the Vatican...so much to say, so little time. Did you know our current pope decided he wanted to be a cardinal because HE LIKED THE OUTFITS?
aw, the wonders of wikipedia...